We are currently looking for a level designer with Unreal Engine 4 experience and an uncanny ability to overcome the hurdles that occur during game development to get big things done.
- Strong artistic skills and knowledge of aesthetic principals. Able to use environmental storytelling and world building to design compelling gameplay spaces
- Eagerness to participate in extensive game play reviews at all stages of the development process in order to evaluate gameplay and ensure that the game is fun and engaging. Willing to incorporate feedback from the team and to balance and adjust gameplay experiences.
- Experience creating white-box levels and progressing them through iteration to the finished product.
- Capable of creating scripted events/missions and cinematic sequences using Blueprints, Sequencer, and other Unreal Engine 4 tools.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with the ability to overcome the challenges of collaborating across specializations and varied perspectives. Quick learner who can familiarize themselves with our build and development environment, and through completing your tasks become an Unreal Engine 4 expert.
- A logical and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Effective visual, verbal and written communicator. Capacity to create 2D maps, drawings, diagrams, documentation and flowcharts that share your design vision with team members of various disciplines.
- Proactive about continually improving our pipeline and processes. Able to take ownership of your systems. Take ownership of your systems. Be proactive about continually improving our pipeline and process.
- An unyielding passion for games.
- The desire to make every day count; to better yourself, the game, and the people around you.
- A great portfolio that speaks to our target audience.
- Having shipped one title in a design capacity using Unreal Engine 4.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of systems and game design.
- Experience analyzing performance problems in-engine.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t feel you are currently ready to fill the shoes in this role, but want to have us under your radar, feel free to connect!