We are currently looking for a Senior Animation Programmer with Unreal Engine 4 experience and an uncanny ability to overcome the hurdles that occur during game development to get big things done. We’re interested in a candidate that can have ownership of animation pipeline and mentor junior talent.
- Strong C++ programming skills, OO design and 3D math background.
- Familiarity with optimization and multi-threading techniques.
- Experience working with character scripting, animation state machines, animation blending and similar techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of collision detection, rigid and soft body dynamics.
- Experience developing with Unreal Engine 4 and/or familiarity with other animation engines (Mechanim, Morpheme, Havok, etc.)
- Passion for character based games, good eye for visual effect aesthetics.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with programmers, artists, and designers.
- Develop, maintain, extend and support a wide range of character based secondary motion runtime systems, pipelines and tools.
- Experience in at least one animation technology (runtime systems, procedural animation, compression, physics based animation, IK, etc.)
- Integrate advanced secondary motion technology including cloth, hair/fur and soft tissue simulation for characters.
- Profile and performance tune code to remove bottlenecks
- 3-5 years industry or related experience.
- 1 or more published titles.
- Specialist in other game programming areas gameplay, audio, and/or AI.
- Prior experience with GPU compute based vertex animation.
- Prior work as a functional team lead.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t feel you are currently ready to fill the shoes in this role, but want to have us under your radar, feel free to connect!