We are currently looking for an IT / build manager with an uncanny ability to overcome the hurdles that occur during game development to get big things done.
- Manage all the IT services related to running a small video game studio.
- Build/maintain all the hardware used for development including the developers’ PCs to the backend servers.
- Participate in developing the strategic direction of IT within Hot Glue Games with an eye towards the requirements involved with publishing a live game and all the security considerations that this entails.
- Develop / integrate new tools to increase the team’s productivity (previous examples include Unreal Engine 4 crash reporter, lightmass swarm controller, shared data cache).
- Manage the operations of all our servers and VMs, including all the services they support
- Handle any network/system admin related tasks; including: IP subnetting, DHCP, domain control, active directory, switch and router configurations, etc.
- Have ownership of the build system / source control, make sure that we are producing nightly builds of the game and once live making regular builds for public release.
- Must organize, coordinate and control the systems for which they are responsible.
- Responsible for the reliability, integrity, availability, security and supportability of their assigned system.
- Required to continually assess and meet the needs of the fans, the developers, and the firm.
- Proficient with Python scripting.
- Automate processes whenever possible using various scripting/programming languages.
- Experience managing IT for a software development company.
If you feel you are an awesome candidate for this position, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t feel you are currently ready to fill the shoes in this role, but want to have us under your radar, feel free to connect!